Détail offre d'emploi
Reporting to the Barley Breeder you will work closely and assist the barley breeder to maximise the annual operations and outcomes of the Seednet / SECOBRA Recherches barley breeding program, to develop and deliver improved new varieties for commercialisation. The role will consist of a mix of both office and field work.
In addition, you will assist the barley breeder to :
- organise seed samples for crossing, nurseries, malting assessment and field trials
- collate phenotypic, yield and physical grain data
- oversee the work of service providers to ensure all activities are of a high quality
- maximise purity and volume of multiplication of seed of advanced lines
- maintain germplasm bank annually
To be successful, you will have :
- Experience in a similar role-agronomy, research, field trials & greenhouse operations
- Tertiary qualification in Agricultural Science or Similar
- Can do attitude
- Proven communication skills, with a natural ability to create and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Forklift license (Highly Desirable)
A clean & current driver’s license is mandatory for the position – Arrangements with vehicle to be negotiated.
If you are determined to make a difference and want to join a diverse organisation offering the opportunity to gain exposure to Australia’s key growth industry, click on the link of Nutrien.com .
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien Ag Solutions’ policies, you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
*Please note, unsolicited applications will not be considered*